A few days ago, I was searching my kitchen up and down for something to make for dinner. I didn’t have anything but some frozen hamburger buns and a very large chicken breast. So, I decided to cook the chicken, and see what came to my mind as I was cooking. After I put the chicken in the pan, I opened the fridge looking for anything to spice it up. I saw some barbecue sauce and then it hit me! Pulled Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches! Yum!! But…I’ve never made pulled chicken, so I was willing to try it and see what happened. It turned out AMAZING so I’ve been dying to share the recipe with y’all!
I hope you enjoy!
1 Large Chicken Breast
2 Hamburger Buns
1/3 Cup of Barbecue Sauce (I love Sweet Baby Rays Honey Barbecue Sauce!)
1/4 Cup of Water
2 Whole Potatoes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice potatoes in thin and skinny pieces (like McDonalds fries!). Place on baking sheet, drizzle and toss with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 20 minutes, take out at 10 minutes and flip them.
2. Drizzle olive oil in pan on medium-high heat. Cook chicken until no longer pink. Once cooked, pull out of pan with tongs and place on cutting board. With non-dominant hand, hold the chicken with tongs, and with dominant hand pull at chicken with fork.
3. Once chicken is all pulled, place back in the pan, and let cook for 2 more minutes. Pour 1/4 cup of water into pan with 1/3 cup of barbecue sauce while stirring.
4. Place on hamburger bun (with more barbecue sauce if you want!).
5. Plate everything and enjoy! J